Summer Family Friendly Events in DFW
School is out, and summer is in session. The routines of packing backpacks and lunchboxes or setting up the home classroom space has come to end, and you may be looking at your kids wondering, “now what?” If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, there are plenty of family friendly events and activities gearing up just in time for the hottest days of the year. Avoid the summer slump with a few of these fun ideas.
Enjoy the fresh air: Outdoor activities
- Dallas Zoo: Get wild with a family trip to the Dallas Zoo! It’s open 364 days of the year, so you can always have this idea in your back pocket for a slow summer day. They even offer weeklong summer camps called Zoolympics for children in grades K through 5. Your children will explore how the animals live in the wild and take part in fun games and tours. Plus, you can take advantage of a week of adult time. This might just be a win, win for your family.
Learn more about the Dallas Zoo, summer camp dates and admission prices here.
- Hawaiian Falls: Who knew there was a tropical paradise right here in Texas? Splash into summer family fun at this water park with DFW locations in Garland, Mansfield, Roanoke and the Colony! With slides that twist and turn and some that go straight down, there is an adventurous ride for everyone in the family. Relax in a cabana or float down the lazy river.
You can even skip the sun and visit Hawaiian Falls during select Friday nights all summer during their “Friday Night Slides” events. Check out more here.
Keep minds active: Educational activities
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: With extended summer hours, you can now bring your kids to this adventurous museum for a learning experience that is so much fun! They offer programs from early childhood to teens and adults. If you’re looking for another camp option, their Discovery Camp is now in session. Kids get hands-on with science and explore paleontology, engineering, marine biology and more. This museum is a great option for some educational summer fun.
Learn more about the exhibits and camps at Perot Museum here.
- Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary: Immerse your family in the beauty of nature and learn more about the environment with a trip to this wildlife sanctuary in McKinney, Texas. Your children can learn about animals and their roles in nature and have fun in the process. With bird walks, night hikes and ziplining, the options are endless. They even offer Summer Nature Camps for a true nature learning experience.
Take a look at all your family can explore here.
- The local library: Remember the days when summers were full of library visits and new books? Check out one of the many libraries in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and let everyone in the family pick out a book or two for summer reading.
Here’s a list of libraries in the Dallas area.
Avoid the heatwave: Indoor ideas
- Epic Waters Indoor Water Park: If your family is getting too much sun by the end of summer, maybe the largest indoor waterpark in North Texas is the best option to keep the fun rolling! There are slides, games, cabanas and dining options all in this one park. During summer, they’re hosting Family Fun Fridays and Twilight Swim for an evening activity option.
Learn more about all the fun here.
- Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park: Here’s one way to let out all your kids’ energy while still staying cool in the AC. This indoor adventure playground is offering an “all day play” special for one price. Kids can jump, climb, spin, race and play until all their energy is spent. This is a great option for one of those rainy summer days where everyone is just itching to get out of the house.
Check out all the attractions here.
Whether you’re searching for kid’s summer camps or events the entire family can enjoy together, Dallas-Fort Worth has options to last all summer. And if you’re searching for a new home for your family in DFW, it’s important to partner with a realtor who understands the area and what will work best for your entire family. Our agents at Points West Agency are here to guide you in the process. Give us a call at (817) 717-6036.
Post a Comment